The game ended up getting a bit more attention this past week than I thought it would, since I hadn't sent anything out about it except to friends and so on. That's cool! Most of it was positive, too, which is pretty encouraging. My plan had been to update the demo that was up *before* most people played it, and so I am probably a bit late with what I'm gonna call version 1.1, but it is up for Windows right now and will be up for Mac shortly when it's done building and exports.
As for the changes - some of them were things I had intended to do, some of them are kind of reactions to recurring problems I noticed people having when playing the game or commenting on videos of the game. Here's a list of what's been changed:
- Some graphical improvements (ie, new car outside hotel, some new/improved textures, +more)
- NPCs have namebars - one of the things I think everybody experienced was getting the characters mixed up. There is no voice acting so it would often be hard to tell who you were talking to. Hopefully this clears that up. I like understatement in some areas so I didn't do namebars at first, but hopefully this is a positive addition overall.
- Different first encounter in the hotel
- Added controls submenu - should always have been there, I just got around to it.
- Writing in some spots has changed a little, hopefully for the better.
I don't THINK I'll be doing too many more iterations of this demo. I thought now would be a good time to take a little break from actively tinkering with it, think about how I'm going to implement the rest of the story (i have documents written out for it, but the actual details always take so much more time than you expect). That is, unless somebody discovers some game-breaking bug I have still overlooked but I hope that doesn't happen.
Anyway - if you've played the demo already, I'd say this is about...15%-20% better than what you played. Whether you think that's worth a replay or not is up to you, but if you haven't played it yet this is definitely the best version of the game.
Get Lonely Things
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.